Monday, January 26, 2015

Thirty Minute Fabric Box

I stumbled across this fabric box tutorial by Joey's quilting company - the cute little boxes looked fun, and the tutorial claimed they could be stitched in 30 minutes or less - that's a challenge I wanted to accept!


The instructions were easy to follow, and sure enough, I had mine stitched up in less than half an hour - even with taking a few pictures along the way.




The instructions say to "quilt as desired" - I did mine in half-inch echoing squares, like the instructions suggest. The only difference - I used my machine's triple-stitch to really emphasize the quilting stitches. I used Mettler Silk Finishe 50 weight cotton in both the needle and the bobbin - and I love how the stitching turned out.



I love the end result so much I'm sure I'll be making many more of these in the future!

1 comment:

  1. do u have a pattern of this beautiful basket
    that I can have? ty
    yvonne mccain

    ReplyDelete